June 24, 2016

if you have oily skin you NEED to try this foundation

There is a little hidden gem sitting on shelves at drugstores across the country. A foundation that provides such long-lasting, oil-controlling coverage, you would think it is sold at Sephora... but it's not. And it's under $20.


The foundation I'm referring to is L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation, and I'm in LOVE. I have combination skin and am constantly battling shine throughout the day, but when I wear this foundation I barely have to blot! It leaves my skin flawless and demi-matte for hours longer than the many other foundations I've tried. I also love the medium-full coverage, and how long it lasts, especially when I'm doing full glam (it might be a little heavy if you are doing a quick daytime makeup, but to each their own). The only negative I can say about this product is the colour selection; it only comes in 9 shades, so might be hard to find a perfect match. My colour is 104 Golden Beige (equivalent to MAC NC30) but this is when I have a bit of a tan, otherwise it's a tad dark (and the lighter shades are too pinky for my complexion).

I find this product to be very similar to Make Up For Ever's Mat Velvet+ foundation in consistency, coverage, and even packaging, but retails at less than half the price! Pro-Matte sells for $17 at Walmart vs. $47 for Mat Velvet+ at Sephora.

If you have tried this product and love it or hate it, let me know in the comments! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram (@liannemascia) for lots more makeup tips, reviews and looks! <3

- Lianne
xo

1 comment: