May 9, 2016

my current skin care routine.



I have been asked recently what my skin care routine looks like, so here is the process, with all the products I'm currently loving listed below!


THE PROCESS

DAILY


In the MORNING, I like to either wash my face with a gentle cleanser or use a micellar cleansing water, then I will apply moisturizer and foundation, or just BB cream (which has moisturizer in it). And of course if I'm going into the sun - apply sunscreen!

At NIGHT my routine is a little more involved. If I have been wearing a full face of makeup I will first wipe my face with a wipe or use micellar cleansing water to remove some of the makeup (and around my eyes), then I wash my face with the same gentle cleanser from the morning, but this time I use a sonic spin brush for extra deep cleaning.
Next, I will tone my skin to remove any remaining dirt and makeup, then I apply a moisturizer; I like to use a couple of different products depending how my skin feels and just to keep things fresh. I love (and have loved for a long time) Nivea's Moisturizing Night Care cream. It's a heavier texture which is nice for night time and I really feel like my skin is soft and hydrated in the morning. It has never clogged my pores and is a really good simple starter night cream, or one to rotate in along with something a little more powerful. If I feel like my skin is getting dull and needs an extra boost (or if I have any breakouts), I will switch up my night cream and use something with active ingredients like glycolic acid*. Glycolic acid is great for combination skin as it works to exfoliate and keep pores clean (and in turn will boost radiance!)
After face cream I like to apply an eye cream, as the eye area is delicate and using a specific cream for this area will yield better results! Philosophy makes great products in general, but I really like their eye creams. They have specific ones depending on how much "anti-aging" you need, you can check out the link above to explore a cream that is right for your level of need!

*Note: Because glycolic acid is an active ingredient, first time users should ease their way into using it (starting out with just a couple times a week), and always wear sunscreen if going into the sun when using this product as it can cause sun sensitivity. Also, it should not be used in conjunction with the Clean & Clear toner which contains salicylic acid, so only apply toner on the nights when you aren't using the glycolic moisturizer. 

3-4 x WEEK
Exfoliate! Some people exfoliate every day, but I find that can be a bit harsh on the skin, and only use a scrub a few times a week. Plus, using the spin brush daily acts as a gentle exfoliator so you don't want to overdo it.

WEEKLY
Once a week apply a face mask targeted to your skin type or concerns. If you have dry skin use a hydrating mask, if you have problematic skin use a purifying mask. I have combination skin with large pores so I will use something that helps control oil and clear my pores. I really LOVE Dr. Jart's sheet masks, I use the charcoal one which is great for my skin type, but use the link below to explore a mask that's right for you! 

MONTHLY
If budgets permit, go for a facial once a month or even once every few months. The pros will give your skin a little extra TLC to ensure you look your best!


THE PRODUCTS

1. Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Foaming Cleanser (shop HERE)
2. Marcelle Micellar Cleansing Water (shop HERE)
3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (shop HERE)
4. La Roche Posay Anthelios Lightweight Lotion SPF 30 (shop HERE)
5. Neutrogena All-in-One Makeup Removing Cleansing Wipes (shop HERE)
6. Clarisonic Spin Brush (shop HERE)
7. Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing Astringent (shop HERE)
8. Nivea Moisturizing Night Care - Normal Skin (shop HERE)
9. Neostrata Radiance Night Repair Cream (shop HERE)
10. Philosophy Eye Hope or Hope in a Tube (shop HERE)
11. No7 Beautiful Skin Exfoliator (shop HERE or Shoppers Drug Mart)
12. Dr. Jart Sheet Masks (shop HERE)
13. L'Oreal Pro Matte Foundation (shop HERE)
14. Marcelle BB Cream (shop HERE)


General Tips for Great Skin:

  • Always wash your makeup off at night (no matter how tired you are!)
  • Drink lots of water
  • Try and keep your hands off your face (to prevent transferring bacteria from your hands)
  • Go 'Au Natural' once in a while and give your skin a break from heavy makeup!


- Lianne
xo




No comments:

Post a Comment