January 8, 2015

my fave products of 2014!

2014 was an amazing year for me, and in the process of turning my passion into a career, I discovered a few favourite products that I want to share!

FACE

Starting with foundations, I really like Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation for a lighter, skin-finish texture. For a fuller coverage on my skin type (combination) I really like M.A.C. Studio Fix Fluid. If you have dry or mature skin I highly recommend M.A.C. Mineralize Moisture foundation - it really makes skin glow!

For concealer, M.A.C. Pro Longwear is amazing and lasts all day - but to avoid creasing MUST be set with a powder. For a drugstore concealer Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser is another great one to try.

Contouring was all the rage this year, and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit is the holy grail, but another great contour product is Benefit's Hoola Bronzer... works great for contouring because it's matte.

I love a good blush and like to use different colours depending on the day and my mood, but I found myself reaching for Naked Flushed by Urban Decay. It's so nice because it's blush, bronzer and highlighter all in one that you can customize depending if you want more glow or more colour. Another blush I've been using pretty much everyday for the past month is "Blushbaby" by M.A.C.. It's very soft and natural and goes with so many looks.

A primer for oily skin that I discovered this year and absolutely LOVE is BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector. It really keeps skin matte the longest of any primers I've tried.

EYES

For eyeshadows I was all about the Urban Decay NAKED palettes this year, specifically 2 (looked best with my colouring). I also liked Maybelline's cheaper alternative to a neutral palette aptly titled 'The NUDES'. (Can you tell I love a natural eye look?!)

I almost exclusively used liquid liner this year, and found myself reaching for Revlon Colourstay Liquid Eye Pen in "Blackest Black". Makes winged liner so easy, and stays on all day!

The lashes I finished my look with the most often was ...Ardell Demi Wispies! I used countless pairs on clients and got many compliments while wearing them myself. They are the perfect amount of drama and natural, and fit perfectly with the cat-eye look I do so very often. 

For brows I only use Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow pomade, but for those who want an easier option I recommend M.A.C.'s Veluxe Brow Pencil... The creamy texture makes filling in brows a breeze and comes with a handy brush attached for easy blending. 

LIPS

LIPS! How could I pick just one?! Impossible! For luxury lipsticks I love all M.A.C. lipsticks, and at the drugstore I love Revlon lipsticks (sometimes you can even get them on sale at shoppers for $4.99! Keep an eye out for that).


BONUS:

For setting sprays, Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray works great to keep your makeup looking amazing for hours, and I also use M.A.C. Fix+ for setting, as well as prepping the skin, as a tool to make 'dry' eyeshadows 'wet', and to apply loose pigment (just spritz your brush before dipping into shadow/pigment).


Comment below with any other products you loved in 2104! I always want to hear about great products, old or new, as there are so many out there I don't get to try them all!




No comments:

Post a Comment